Career Tracks is a University of California system-wide initiative to review and develop common job standards for classifying non-represented staff positions into specific Job Families and Functions. This approach provides a better understanding of job duties and is more closely aligned with practices in the labor market, which supports transparent job evaluation decisions.
Templates and Standards
LOG IN: You must be logged in to this website to access Job Templates or Job Standards. Please log in via the "Login" option in the top, right-hand corner.
Career Tracks will help the UCSF Campus and UCSF Health:
- Standardize job classification levels, job descriptions, and positions system-wide.
- Prepare job descriptions more quickly and easily.
- Provide transparency within and across job families/functions.
- Understand and explain the similarities and differences among specialties and levels.
- Easily identify specific types of positions across both campuses.
- Provide development paths - matrices show progression of levels.
- Compare specific titles to the labor market when matching jobs to survey data.