UCSF's Temporary Employment Program recruits and hires temporary employees for a variety of immediate clerical and technical support services.
UCSF's Temporary Employment Program (TEP) recruits and hires temporary employees for a variety of immediate clerical and technical support services in UCSF departments and various off-campus locations. Temporary employment also is a viable recruitment source of candidates for casual and career vacancies. UCSF departments hire temporary employees to work on special projects, fill in for regular employees who are on vacation or sick leave, or to temporarily fill a vacant position during recruitment. Temporary employees frequently become successful candidates for career and limited appointment positions.
The hiring process
If you are employed at UCSF and would like to hire a TEP resource, please submit a PeopleConnect TEP Request form. Contact talent acquisition specialists Sara Moyce or Maeve Sullivan if you have questions or need assistance.
We assist recruitment for these temporary roles:
- Administrative assistants
- Clinical research coordinators
- Finance professionals
- Medical administration (hospital assistants, lab assistants, practice coordinators)
- Registered dental assistants / dental assistants
- If you have a pre-identified candidate you would like to hire for your temporary need, we can onboard your candidate through TEP. Please reach out to Sara Moyce or Maeve Sullivan for more details.
UCSF has three primary vendors for temporary hiring:
Internal: UCSF Temporary Employment Program (TEP) (Non-clinical temps)
- Phone: (415) 476-4486
- Fax: (415) 476-9528
- Email: [email protected]
External: Vizient (Clinical temps)
- Allied & Clinical Nurses: [email protected] or (972) 830-6910
- Floor RN: [email protected] or (972) 830-0754
External: Workforce Logiq (Non-clinical temps)
- Estrella Ramirez: [email protected] or (415) 353-7508
- Michael Ling: [email protected] or (415) 353-7232
- Tania Stella: [email protected] or (415) 353-7721
If you are a job seeker and are interested in seeing available positions, check out our careers page to see our current openings (enter “Temporary Employment” into the search box to see current TEP positions).
Prospective temporary employees should create a profile. (Temporary employees who previously had a UCSF employee ID will need to contact [email protected] in order to login to the site.)
If the prospective temporary employee is qualified and contacted by a TEP recruiter, they must:
- Participate in a scheduled phone interview with a TEP recruiter.
- Complete assessment in common computer applications (if applicable).
- Participate in interviews with the hiring department.
- Submit to pre-employment background and reference checks.
Temporary employees selected for UCSF Health-funded positions may also be subject to the following:
- Occupational health screen
- Urine drug screen
Due to the high volume of applicants, TEP recruiters reach out only to applicants whose skills and experience match current openings. All applicants remain in the applicant tracking system and may be contacted in the future should their skills and experience match a future opening.
The EXCEL program is a clerical/administrative training program which aims to develop the potential workforce in UCSF’s surrounding communities, and provides San Francisco residents with access to UCSF employment opportunities. TEP supports EXCEL by hiring and onboarding program participants for paid internships and providing post-internship job placement assistance.
EXCEL is a collaborative effort between TEP, UCSF’s Office of Community Government Relations and various UCSF campus and medical departments.