Employment Verification

Questions? Contact Shared Services


This page explains how employees or an outside person (such as a landlord or a loan provider) can verify if someone is a current employee at UCSF.  

How to verify employment

There are three ways for employees to show (or verify) current UCSF employment: 

  1. Download an employment verification letter from UCPath.

    1. Log in to UCPath and select Employee Actions > Income and Taxes > Verification of Employment.

    2. Select Generate Summary Report and then Download Attachment for the employment verification letter.

  2. Submit an inquiry to UC Path.

    1. Log in to UCPath and select the yellow Ask UCPath button.

    2. Select Submit an Inquiry for Myself .

    3. Select Topic: Human Resources, Category: General Inquiry.

    4. Enter your subject (Employment Verification Request for <enter name here>) and description 

    5. Select Submit Inquiry. 

  3. Email your employment verification forms to the UCPath Center.  

UCSF uses The Work Number. This is a secure, automated service run by Equifax. It helps individuals verify employment status at UCSF.  

Contact The Work Number: 800-367-5690 or visit The Work Number website.

The verifier will need the following information to complete the verification: 

  1. Employee’s Social Security number 

  1. Employer code: 15975 (employer will be Regents of University of California) 

If verifiers are unable to find an employee or need additional help, contact the UCPath Center for a verbal verification at 855-982-7284. If you need specific forms completed, email the forms to the center. The UCPath Center is open 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Employment verifications for former employees also can be handled through The Work Number. This includes former employees who have separated since January 2014 or later. 

Contact The Work Number at 800-367-5690 or visit The Work Number website.

Employees seeking verification of public service for purposes of applying for loan forgiveness should:

Note: There is a three-day turnaround time for requests. Please specify, along with your request, how/where to return the form.

If you do not have access to submit an inquiry via UCPath, forms can be submitted by fax to 951-697-6839 or emailed to UCPath.

  • Once you receive the completed form from UCPath, submit it to:

US Department of Education - FedLoan Servicing P.O. Box 69184 Harrisburg, PA  17106-9184

or fax to 717-720-1628