Take advantage of UCSF and external resources for additional support.
Support and resource topics
- Drug Information and Resources (overall)
Shelters and crisis lines
- A Safe Place (Oakland)
- Asian Women's Shelter (San Francisco)
- Community United Against Violence, LGBTQ (San Francisco)
- Domestic Violence Laws
- La Casa de las Madres (San Francisco)
- Narika (South Asian Women) (Berkeley)
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Safe Alternatives to Violent Environments (Fremont)
- STAND! For Families Free of Violence (Concord)
- Tri-Valley Haven (Livermore, Pleasanton, San Ramon)
- Woman, Inc. (San Francisco)
UC Emergency Loan Program
The UC Emergency Loan Program (Employee Emergency Loan Fund Policy, E-526-48), that FSAP used to manage, ended in 2013. In lieu of offering this program internally, the University has contracted with two external credit unions who will provide a similar program to UC employees. The two credit unions are University Credit Union and USE Credit Union. Both suppliers have UC-negotiated interest rates, are in complete compliance with the Truth in Lending requirements, and will provide online application tools for employees to directly apply for emergency loans.
Any UC employee seeking an emergency loan may contact these two external suppliers:
Additional financial resources
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank provides emergency assistance, weekly groceries and free food pantries in various San Francisco neighborhoods and elsewhere in the Bay Area. You may access these programs, by calling 211 (toll-free) or by using the links provided below for both 211 and the SF-Marin food locator.
Call toll-free: 211
These local therapy clinics offer psychotherapy on a sliding scale.
- Oak Creek Counseling Center San Francisco Bay Area, 888-637-7404
- Berkeley Therapy Institute Berkeley, 510-841-8484
- Feminist Therapy Connection Berkeley, 510-841-1261
- Jewish Family & Community Services of the East Bay East Bay, 510-704-7475
- Psychological Services Center San Francisco, Oakland, 510-628-9065
- The Women's Therapy Center El Cerrito, 510-524-8288
- The Wright Institute Berkeley, 510-868-2260