The Transaction Services Unit (TSU) enters and updates employee data in key campus systems: UCPath, Huntington Business System (HBS) and Hitachi. The TSU team includes an assistant manager, two lead transactional analysts and 11 transactionalists. TSU receives information for updating campus systems via the HR People Connect System once transactions have been reviewed by the Service Center generalists. By concentrating expertise for managing employee data in TSU, we foster efficiency and accuracy and ensure back-up coverage as needed.
The TSU processes the following transactions
- Change in Salary and/or Title (including retroactive adjustments)
- Additional Pay
- Badge Door Access
- Appointment/Distribution Update
- Intra-Campus Transfers
- Campus Locator
- Employee Status
- Establishing/Ending Employment
- New Hires/Rehires
- Inter-Campus Transfers In/Out
- HBS/Time Keeping
- Complete User Setup
- Assign Employee Timesheet Group
- Schedule Defaults
- Comp Time Election (when applicable)
- Create and assign schedule to populate timesheet
- Create Timesheet Groups
- Assign Employees to Timesheet Groups
- Delegate Authority to Timesheet Groups
- History Timesheets Adjustment and Approval
- Leave Balance and Month of Service adjustments
- Payroll Processing
- Separation Checks
- Administrative Delay Checks
- Retroactive pay and title adjustments
- Monthly to Biweekly and Biweekly to Monthly adjustments
- Manual timesheet entries
The TSU also processes Workers' Compensation Payroll for the campus and performs Residents and Fellows payroll processing for departments that have opted-in for the Trainee Payroll Recharge.
Workers' Compensation Process
- Update payroll system manually for every pay cycle to reduce pay for employees receiving workers' compensation payments from Sedgewick CMS. Sedgewick CMS processes workers' compensation benefits for UCSF.
- Manually track usage of sick leave or sick leave/vacation leave depending on the option selected by the employee to supplement TTD (Temporary Disability).
- Adjust leave balances upon return from workers' compensation.
Residents and Fellows Payroll Processing
- Entering new hire data into payroll system
- Entering monthly funding changes into payroll system
- Processing moonlighting payments
- Entering separations into the payroll system