UCSF's Temporary Employment Program (TEP) recruits and hires temporary employees for a variety of immediate clerical and technical support services to UCSF Departments and various off-campus locations. Temporary employment is also a viable recruitment source of candidates for casual and career vacancies. UCSF departments deploy temporary employees to work on special projects, fill in for regular employees who are on vacation or sick leave, or to temporarily fill a vacant position during recruitment. Frequently temporary employees become successful candidates for career and limited appointment positions.
Working With Us
If you are employed at UCSF and would like to hire a TEP resource, please submit a PeopleConnect TEP Request form. For questions, or additional guidance please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialists Sara Moyce or Maeve Sullivan for assistance. Here is a list of our current services:
- Recruitment for the Following Temporary Roles:
- Administrative Assistants
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Finance Professionals
- Medical Administration (Hospital Assistants, Lab Assistants, Practice Coordinators)
- Registered Dental Assistants / Dental Assistants
- If you already have a pre-identified candidate you would like to hire for your temporary need, we can on-board your candidate through TEP. Please reach out to Sara Moyce or Maeve Sullivan for more details.
If you are a currently a job seeker and are interested in seeing what we have posted, check out our careers page to see our current openings (enter “Temporary Employment” into the search box to see current TEP positions).
The EXCEL program is a clerical/administrative training program which aims to develop the potential workforce in UCSF’s surrounding communities, and provide San Francisco residents with access to UCSF employment opportunities. TEP supports EXCEL by hiring and onboarding program participants for paid internships and providing post-internship job placement assistance.
EXCEL is a collaborative effort between TEP, UCSF’s Office of Community Government Relations and various UCSF Campus and Medical Departments.
For all other general inquiries, email TEP@ucsf.edu for assistance.