How Do I? >> Benefits

Plan for my retirement?

You can obtain an estimate of your University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP) benefits at any time by visiting the "Retirement Estimator" page via your At Your Service Online account. Refer to the Considering Retirement information page to learn about resources available to you in planning your retirement including webinars and one-on-one counseling appointments.

The retirement process takes approximately three months. Once you reach a decision to retire, the process at UC is completed in two steps: Request a personal retirement profile and submit an election. 

Once you have identified a specific retirement date, contact the he Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC) at 1-800-888-8267, option 8 to schedule an appointment with a retirement counselor that is within 90 days of your intended retirement. 

For questions about retirement contact RASC.

Additional Information:

Enroll in supplemental disability?

If you are newly eligible you should enroll in supplemental disability during your 31-day Period of Initial Eligibility (PIE) via At Your Service Online. If your PIE has passed, you may request approval to enroll by providing evidence of good health to the insurance carrier. Follow the Instructions for Online Submission of Evidence of Insurability. When you receive your approval letter, follow the steps on Making Benefits Changes to enroll.

For questions about benefits, contact [email protected]

Additional Information:

Enroll in or make changes to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?

If you are newly eligible you may enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) during your 31-day Period of Initial Eligibility (PIE). If your PIE has passed you may enroll if you have a qualifying event or during the annual open enrollment period.  Once enrolled, continuing enrollment requires you to take an action each year during open enrollment.  

Please contact [email protected] with questions.

Additional Information:

Enroll in 403B and 457 savings accounts?

At UC, you can voluntarily contribute to three different savings plans: the 403(b), 457(b), and DC After-Tax Plans. Together, we refer to these plans as the UC Retirement Savings Program. All three plans are designed to provide savings that can be used in retirement. UCSF employees can enroll in retirement savings plans online:

  • Visit to enroll in a 403B retirement savings plan. The website will provide enrollment steps.
  • Visit Fidelity NetBenefits to enroll in a 457B retirement saving plan. Click on the 457B Plan link to follow enrollment steps.

For more information contact your [email protected]

Additional Information:

Change my benefits or add/delete a family member?

Benefits changes may be necessary when the nature of your appointment at UCSF changes or when you have a change in your family (e.g. marriage, birth, divorce, etc.). View your "Roadmap," then follow the guide to Making Benefits Changes within your 31-day Period of Initial Eligibility (PIE).  

For questions about making benefits changes, contact [email protected].

Additional Information: