Pregnancy Disability Leave Workshop
The Pregnancy Disability Leave Workshop for Campus Staff & Non-Faculty Academics is intended to enable you to create a personalized plan for your leave. You should attend when you are within 6–8 weeks of your expected delivery date, though you are welcome to attend at any time during your planning process. You will learn about:
- What actions to take before, during, and after your leave
- California state and federal leave protections: Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL), Family and Medical Leave (FML), and the California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- Policies/contracts covering usage of your sick leave and vacation leave
- Liberty Mutual Disability Insurance Coverage
- How to continue health benefits when you are on Leave Without Pay (LWOP)
This workshop is offered at the two locations below. Please register via the UC Learning Center at least a week prior to the workshop date to allow us to coordinate with HR to obtain accurate information regarding your leave balances and benefits.
Laurel Heights: Last Tuesday of each month, 9:30–11:30 a.m., Room 263
Mission Center Building (MCB): Second Thursday of each month, 1–3 p.m., Room 500
If you are a supervisor, please post the Pregnancy Disability Leave Workshop for Campus Staff & Non-Faculty Academics as appropriate.
This workshop is intended for Campus employees; Medical Center Staff should please contact 415/353-4545.
If you have technical problems using the UC Learning system, please click on the “Contact Us” tab and use the Contact Form to report your problem.