The Pregnancy Disability Leave Workshop for Campus Staff is intended to assist in creating a personalized plan for your leave. You should attend when you are between six to eight weeks of your expected delivery date, though you are welcome to attend at any time during your planning process. You will learn about:
- What actions to take before, during, and after your leave
- California state and federal leave protections: Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL), Family and Medical Leave (FML), and the California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- Policies/contracts covering usage of your sick leave and vacation leave
- Lincoln Financial Disability Insurance Coverage
- How to continue health benefits when you are on Leave Without Pay (LWOP)
This workshop is offered via ZOOM, and an invite will be emailed four to five days prior to the workshop.
For dates and times of the workshop please check HR Umbrella (also accessible via MyAccess, and VPN is required). You should register through the HR Umbrella at least a week prior to the workshop date, to allow us to coordinate with your Leave Specialist to obtain accurate information regarding your leave balances and benefits.
This workshop is intended for Staff employees. If you have technical problems using the HR Umbrella, please reach out to your Leave Specialist.