Experiencing a personal or work-related issue? The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program is here to help.
Confidential psychological counseling and consultation services
The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program invites all faculty, staff, residents, postdocs and clinical fellows to use our confidential employee assistance services. These are provided at no cost. We are staffed by licensed psychologists and postdoctoral trainees who provide confidential, brief psychological counseling to individuals and a wide variety of consultation services to the organization.
FSAP is currently running all counseling sessions via telephone or Zoom.
Please note: Our office is staffed by licensed psychologists in the state of California and is authorized by the California Board of Psychology, Department of Consumer Affairs, to provide counseling services exclusively to residents of California. Due to state licensing regulations, we are unable to extend our individual counseling services to individuals residing outside of California.
You can schedule a one-time FSAP consultation appointment to discuss referrals and mental health resources in your state.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment for individual counseling or an organizational consultation, please open the FSAP Online Appointment Form (accessible only within UCSF Network or with VPN).
Due to the high volume of requests, it may take 3-5 days for us to respond.
If you have any questions, call our main line at 415-476-8279.
In case of emergency
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
From a cell phone, dial direct for faster emergency response:
- UCSF Police: 415-476-1414 or 911
- San Francisco Police Department: 415-553-8090
Our staff is available for urgent matters during regular business hours. If you cannot reach us in a crisis, the following resources are available:
San Francisco 24-hour hotlines
- San Francisco 24/7 Crisis Line: 415-781-0500
- 24/7 Confidential Support: Text MYLIFE to 741741
- HIV Nightline: 415-434-2437 or 800-273-2437
- Drug Information Line: 415-362-3400
- Relapse Line: 415-834-1144
- Peer Workforce Supportive Services (PWSS) Support Line: 415-288-7160
- Suicide Prevention TTY/TDD — telephone access for the deaf/hearing impaired: 415-227-0245
- Trauma Recovery/Rape Treatment Center: 415-437-3000
- Trauma Recovery: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, Tuesday until 7 p.m.
- Rape Treatment Center at San Francisco General Hospital: 1001 Potrero Ave., San Francisco, open 24/7