Experiencing a personal or work-related issue? The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program is here to help.
Confidential psychological counseling and consultation services
The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program invites all faculty, staff, residents, postdocs and clinical fellows to use our confidential employee assistance services. These are provided at no cost. We are staffed by licensed psychologists and postdoctoral trainees who provide confidential, brief psychological counseling to individuals and a wide variety of consultation services to the organization.
FSAP is currently running all counseling sessions via telephone or Zoom.
Make an appointment
Dec. 7, 2022: Our online forms currently are unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please email [email protected] to make an appointment. We are scheduling new client appointments for January 2022. In your email, please indicate:
- A few dates and times that work well for you starting the first and second week of January. (No weekends, evenings or noon-hour appointments due to lunch hour).
- If you prefer a phone or Zoom session
Due to the high volume of requests, it may take 3-5 days for us to respond.
If you have any questions, call our main line at 415-476-8279.
In case of emergency
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
From a cell phone, dial direct for faster emergency response:
Our staff is available for urgent matters during regular business hours. If you cannot reach us in a crisis, the following resources are available:
San Francisco 24-hour hotlines
- San Francisco 24/7 Crisis Line: 415-781-0500
- 24/7 Confidential Support: Text MYLIFE to 741741
- HIV Nightline: 415-434-2437 or 800-273-2437
- Drug Information Line: 415-362-3400
- Relapse Line: 415-834-1144
- Peer Workforce Supportive Services (PWSS) Support Line: 415-288-7160
- Suicide Prevention TTY/TDD — telephone access for the deaf/hearing impaired: 415-227-0245
- Trauma Recovery/Rape Treatment Center: 415-437-3000
- Trauma Recovery: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, Tuesday until 7 p.m.
- Rape Treatment Center at San Francisco General Hospital: 1001 Potrero Ave., San Francisco, open 24/7