Disability Management Services (DMS) provides services to the UCSF campus community including:
- Providing education and early intervention services to prevent or minimize the effects of disability in the workplace
- Facilitating early identification, referral, and treatment for disability and/or injuries at work
- Assisting employees with disabilities or medical conditions in overcoming work-related restrictions or limitations
- Implementing UC policy and/or contract provisions regarding return to work, the interactive process, reasonable accommodation, and medical separation
- Consulting with management, Human Resources, faculty, and other staff regarding workplace disability issues
Disability Management Services (DMS) has three primary functions:
- Facilitate the interactive process for reasonable accommodation requests in compliance with federal law (ADAAA), state law, (FEHA), and UC policies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Facilitate return to work programs for employees following both work-related and non-work-related illnesses and injuries.
- Managers workers' compensation program activities in conjunction with third party administrators and occupational health providers.
3333 California St.
San Francisco, CA 94143