Disability Management Services (DMS) provides services to the UCSF campus community including:
- Promoting a climate of full inclusion for people with disabilities in the UCSF community
- Consulting with Management, Human Resources, Faculty, Staff, Residents and Postdoctoral Scholars regarding workplace disability issues
- Providing education and early intervention services to prevent disabling workplace injuries and illnesses
- Assisting employees with disabilities or medical conditions with workplace supports and/or reasonable accommodations
- Facilitating early identification, referral, and treatment for workplace injuries and illnesses
- Implementing UC policy and/or contract provisions regarding return to work, the interactive process, and reasonable accommodation
Disability Management Services (DMS) has three primary functions:
- Facilitate the interactive process for reasonable accommodation requests in compliance with federal law (ADAAA), state law, (FEHA), and UC policies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Facilitate return to work programs for employees following both work-related and non-work-related illnesses and injuries.
- Managers workers' compensation program activities in conjunction with third party administrators and occupational health providers.
3333 California Street, Suite 330
San Francisco, CA 94143